weekend of All Star racing at Fremont
FREMONT, Ohio (Sept. 3) - While the temperatures are cooling
down as fall approaches, the action heats up at Fremont
Speedway on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 6 and 7. The All
Star Circuit of Champions make their final 2002 appearance
at "The Track That Action Built" on both nights.
Friday is Auto Value Service Center Night, paying the All
Star feature winner $3,000. Fremont's dirt truck division
will also be in action. Gates will open at 5 p.m. with racing
at 8 p.m.
Following the racing action, local band Elmore Fudd will
entertain in the pit area.
Then on Saturday, Fremont will pay tribute to Kear's Speed
Shop founder Chuck Kear with the Chuck Kear Memorial Race
for the All Stars, paying $6,000 to win and $500 to start.
The 305 sprints will also be in action.
Included in Saturday's program is the popular manufacturers
give-aways. There are over $8,000 in give-aways for the
24 cars that make the All Star A-Main, and over $3,500 in
manufacturers' give-aways for the 20 cars in the 305 A-Main.
The list of give-aways for the All Star Sprint A-Main (random
1. Race Bolt - complete sprint bolt kit ($235 value)
2. Racequip - 50% off custom suit ($500 value)
3. Cherry Tool - $250 gift certificate towards aluminum
4. Kistler Engines - $500 gift certificate
5. Fisher Performance & AFCO - Tubular bolt/ 2 Sm Body
Shocks ($400 value)
6. Kirkey Racing Fabrication - Aluminum LW seat with upholstry
7. Eagle Chassis - set of birdcages with bearings ($350
8. FK Bearing - complete set/heim ends ($235 value)
9. Sander Engineering - aluminum 17X5 with lock and cover
10. Sander Engineering - aluminum 14X5 with lock ($365 value)
11. Sander Engineering - aluminum u-joint ($225 value)
12. Sander Engineering - aluminum u-joint ($225 value)
13. ProShocks - 2 aluminum shocks ($220 value)
14. Diversified Machine - Tube, collar, ball and adaptor
15. Diversified Machine - Tube, collar, ball and adaptor
16. Fuel Safe Inc. - 28 gallon shell with plates ($310 value)
17. Fuel Safe Inc. - 28 gallon shell with plates ($310 value)
18. C&R Racing - Aluminum radiator ($285 value)
19. KSE - Power steering pump ($465 value)
20. MPD - set of DM hubs ($390 value)
21. Outerwears - set of filters and covers ($220 value)
22. TP Wings - post top wing ($675 value)
23. Schoenfeld - 1055LVDN headers ($239 value)
24. Tel Tac - Tel Tac ($285 value)
Also, C.J. Landry, who writes a weekly racing column for
"The (Toledo) Blade" newspaper, will pay out $50
to the 13th fastest qualifier on Saturday; $50 to the leader
of the 13th lap in the A-Main Saturday; and $100 to the
car finishing 13th in Saturday's A-Main.
The list of manufacturers give-aways for the 305 sprint
A-main cars on Saturday includes (random draw):
1. ProShocks - two aluminum shocks ($220 value)
2. Diamond Racing Wheels - 14-5 wheel with lock ($175 value)
3. Diamond Racing Wheels - 17-6 wheel with lock ($215 value)
4. Top Flight Wings - nose wing with large side panels ($110
5. Top Flight Wings - nose wing with large side panels ($110
6. Bailey Racing Products - $200 gift certificate
7. Diversified Machine - wheel wrench ($90 value)
8. Fuel Safe - 28 gallon shell with plates ($310 value)
9. Fuel Safe - 28 gallon shell with plates ($310 value)
10. Smith Automotive - $250 gift certificate
11. Gerber Machine & Tool - Front axel ($200 value)
12. Gerber Machine & Tool - Radius rod tool ($100 value)
13. FK Bearings - complete set/heim ends ($235 value)
14. Griff's Engines - $200 gift certficate
15. Racing Optics Inc. - case 7202C ($125 value)
16. Racing Optics Inc. - case 7209C ($125 value)
17. Gressman Power Sports - $200 gift certificate)
18. Wilwood - Front brake assembly ($145 value)
19. Wilwood - Front brake assembly ($145 value)
20. Hank's Performance - set of radius rods ($85 value)
Also, besides the money given to the winning ticket in the
Sandusky County Fair Board's 50/50 drawings each of the
two nights, a second ticket will be drawn for a ride in
Jack Hewitt's two-seat sprint car thanks to American Racer.
Hewitt's two-seat sprint car will be at Fremont on Sunday,
Sept. 8, with All Star drivers Chad Kemenah and Greg Wilson
giving the rides beginning at noon. All proceeds will go
to help Jack's family, as he recovers from severe injuries
sustained in a sprint car crash.
The racing on the All Star weekend at Fremont should be
exciting, as the three previous appearances in 2002 have
produced three different winners. Four time All Star Champion
Kenny Jacobs picked up career win #96 with the All Stars
and his first ever All Star victory at Fremont on June 8.
Then on July 2, on the third leg of the All Star Sprint
Ohio Speedweek, Kelly Kinser picked up the checkered flag.
Fremont Speedway's 2001 track champion and current point
leader John Ivy scored the Speedweek win on Thursday, July
There have been 10 different All Star winners at Fremont
in the last 11 All Star appearances, dating back to 2000.
John Ivy is the only repeat in that three-year span. Last
year's two-day All Star extravaganza at Fremont produced
new winners Mike Wagner of Mechanicsburg, Pa., and Leipsic,
Ohio's Butch Schroeder.
The weekend of racing marks the 70th and 71st appearances
of the All Stars at "The Track That Action Built"
since the first show on June 21, 1980 (won by Jack Hewitt).
Fremont Speedway is located four miles south of Ohio Turnpike
Exit 91 (6) in the Sandusky County Fairgrounds. For more
information call Jim Ford at 419-862-2206 or visit the Fremont
Speedway website at www.fremontohspeedway.com.